Fall 2021 EntryPointDC Shabbat Clusters 2.0
Shabbat Clusters 2.0 - Fall 2021 Session
We are so excited to celebrate our 21st year of Shabbat Clusters!
What are Shabbat Clusters?
Shabbat Clusters are curated small groups of young adults ages 22-45 that come together to celebrate Shabbat. Groups are formed based on neighborhood and age and sometimes interests and observance levels. Groups are for everyone - singles or couples.
You do not need to attend all Shabbat dinners to participate in the program and you can request to be place in a group with friends or significant others.
How are Shabbat Clusters different this season?
- Groups can meet outside at the park or community member's rooftop apartment, inside if group member's all feel comfortable. Once the winter weather is here we will decide if groups will move to virtual. Masks are required inside for those not vacccinated and we will let you know if members of your group are not vaccinated.
- Smaller group sizes: If your Cluster is meeting in-person, groups will be 15 or fewer people and we prefer if you opt to meet outdoors first before inside.
- Clusters will meet once a month from October to March: To keep our community members connected, we will offer programming monthly and will have alternative social events you can attend each month as well through EntryPointDC
- Shabbat Clusters has traditionally been a potluck-style dinner program; we will provide alternative Shabbat themes and activities if your group decides to not center their experience around sharing a Shabbat meal together. Shabbat Cluster gatherings will begin with lighting candles, prayers for wine and bread, and group members sharing their highlight of their week.
What will not change?
- Opportunities for community and connection (and a chance to meet your new best friend, significant other, or roommate).
- Cluster groups will be led by a coordinator or co-coordinators who will get to know you and send more information about when your group will gather.
- Nourishment options from OneTable, a community non-profit and social platform to elevate your Shabbat experience if your group chooses to post their Shabbat Cluster gathering.
Suggested Dates & Themes: Friday dinner or Saturday morning/afternoon
*Your group will decide on best dates for everyone
Shabbat Cluster Kick-Off (optional) - Friday, September 17
Here is where you'll meet your Shabbat Cluster group in the parking lot outside the EDCJCC! We'll have a table for your cluster to meet plus decorations and live music. We will provide the challah, juice, and desert, you bring your own dinner!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #1 - Friday, October 15
Suggested Theme: Fall Fiesta Shabbat
Celebrate by hosting a potluck featuring your favorite fall dishes, this first dinner will be hosted by your coodinator or co-coordinators.
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #2 - Friday, November 19
Suggested Theme: Friendsgiving
Make your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes and share what you are thankful for this year.
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #3 - Friday, December 17
Suggested Theme: Hanukkah & Winter Holidays
Gather for a latke or donut contest, bring your favorite menorah for a candle lighting and share how you bring light to the world!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #4 - Friday, January 21
Suggested Theme: Cozy Shabbat
Bring your favorite comfort food for warming up, maybe try a soup swap!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #5 - Friday, February 18
Suggested Theme: Jews Around the World
Learn about different Jewish communities and share your favorite recipes
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #6 - Friday, March 18
Suggested Theme: Purim Masquerade
Make some Shushan punch and play some games like Cards Against Humanity, Mafia, or Clue where you can "unmask" more about yourself or characters .
Other group opportunities to connect:
September 30 - Sukkah City/ Jewish Walking Tour & Happy Hour
October 8 - 5 Senses & Silent Disco Shabbat in the JCC Parking Lot
November 21 - Everything But the Turkey Volunteering Event
How to Register:
Please fill out the form and register for this session on the next page. We offer groups for singles and couples, and will match you into a group based on where you live, your age, and sometimes interests.
The registration deadline for our first round of sign-ups is September 6 so we have enough time to put together groups before our first gathering. Registration is rolling after this deadline based on availability in groups formed. Email Stacy at email@example.com to sign up past the deadline.
Clusters are $18 to reserve your space for the season and to represent our Shabbat Cluster members' commitment to the program. This includes resepecting their peers' time and effort to lead Shabbat Cluster groups, fellow community members for showing up to gatherings, and responding to Shabbat Cluster emails and other forms of communication. This our rate for all clusters (including a separate expansion for Adults of all ages - separate registration is here to send to other family members and friends 45+)
If cost is prohibitive, please email Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, each person must complete their own registration form. If you would like to be placed with a friend or partner, make sure you both request each other on the form. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
Choose ONE TICKET OPTION:
1. Shabbat Clusters Only
2. Shabbat Clusters & Kick-Off Event