EDCJCC Chevruta Matching - "Windows on Teshuvah" with Rabbi Shai Held
Learning in partnership is a Jewish tradition spanning back to the times of the Mishnaic scholars in the 1st century CE. It was highly encouraged that one learn Torah with a chevruta or peer and not only with a teacher. By debating and struggling with text alongside a peer, chevruta pairs are able to come to a totally new understanding of the text that neither person could have achieved on their own.
Fill out our carefully curated online chevruta matching survey to be paired with a local partner matched based on your interests and background in studying Torah. You and your learning partner will gain access to Project Zug, an online learning platform from Hadar, and begin this year's Elul learning cycle along with learners from around the world. You can choose to meet online or in person!
We will kick off with a live virtual lecture with Rabbi Shai Held, and then dive into four different approaches to teshuvah (repentence) with your chevruta, or learning partner, over four weeks. Our learning will conclude with another live virtual lecture the day before Erev Rosh Hashanah.
Sign up now to get matched with your perfect partner to begin your learning journey in preperation for Rosh Hashanah!
- Registration Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021 at 5:00PM EDT
- Receive Chevruta and Course Information: Sunday, August 8, 2021
- Live Virtual Kickoff Lecture: Sunday, August 8, 2021 at 7:30PM EDT (erev Rosh Chodesh Elul)
- Weekly Learning with Chevruta: August 8, 2021 - September 5, 2021
- Live Virtual Concluding Lecture: Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 7:30PM EDT