Theater J Trip to the Contemporary American Theater Festival
Theater J Trip to Contemporary
American Theater Festival
Friday, July 10 — Sunday, July 12, 2020
This trip – added for the first time! – is a unique opportunity to experience a full weekend of theater-going with Artistic Director, Adam Immerwahr, and Managing Director, Jojo Ruf, in wild and wonderful West Virginia. Enjoy bold and daring new plays at one of the top theater festivals in the world, plus exclusive conversations and behind-the scenes access to artists.
The trip includes:
- Tickets to five or six plays as part of CATF’s rotating repertory.
- Meals at the award-winning Bavarian Inn, boxed lunches between shows, and a glass of sherry on the return trip.
- Two nights in the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown.
- Discussions led by Artistic Director Adam Immerwahr and Managing Director Jojo Ruf including pre- and post-performance learning sessions on the bus ride up and back, post-show conversations over drinks, and an opportunity to meet artist involved in the productions.
- Round-trip travel to and from DC, and to all destinations, on a private coach.
- The company of fellow theater lovers in a congenial, arts-filled setting.
Rates and Registration
Double Rooms: $1,489 per person / Single Rooms: $1,729 per person
Deposit of $350 per person due at time of registration. Final payment due by April 30, 2020.
Space is limited and reservations are first come, first served.
Trip must have a minimum of 20 guests to take place.
Any special accommodations that are needed must be submitted, prior to registering, to Tyler Carcy.
The price of the trip includes round-trip transportation, a two-night hotel stay, all theater tickets, two dinners, two lunches and two breakfasts. This trip is priced as a package and cannot be pro-rated. Room service, alcoholic beverages, and any other personal charges are not covered.
Participants need to arrive at the Edlavitch DCJCC (1529 Sixteen Street NW) by 12:30 PM on Friday, July 10 and will return to the EDCJCC by about 6:30 PM on Sunday, July 12.
Meals on the trip will not be certified as kosher, but vegetarian options will
Participants must be able to step on and off of the bus and to transport themselves short distances from the bus to the doors of the destination.
For questions or more information, please contact Tyler Carcy, Development Coordinator. Phone: 202.777.3225.