Spring 2019 Shabbat Clusters
Check out the Shabbat Clusters FAQ to get answers to some common questions and learn more about the program before you register!
Shabbat Clusters are
groups of 15-30 people in their 20s and 30s who meet monthly for
informal potluck Shabbat dinners in each other’s homes or at local restaurants all over the DC
Metro area. Shabbat Clusters have been going strong for over 10 years and in our last season 250 young professionals registered for the program.
Please fill out the form and register for this session on the next page. We'll match you into groups based on where you live, your age, and level of observance and offer groups for singles and couples. Registration deadline for our first round of sign-ups is March 22 so we have enough time to put together groups before our kick-off dinner. Registration is rolling after this deadline until half way through our season in June and space is open based on availability in groups formed.
In 2016 we addeded some new elements to the program:
1. The first 3 months of the program will have set dates for when the groups meet for monthly potlucks and the last 3 months your group will pick their own dates to meet. If you can't make all of the potlucks don't worry, often your group will meet outside of Shabbat for other activities!
Shabbat Cluster Kick-Off Dinner - Friday, March 29 (optional)
An opportunity to meet everyone in your Shabbat Cluster group at the EDCJCC!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #1 - Friday, April 12
Suggested Theme: Pre Passover Dinner
Pizza and beer before Passover starts next week!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #2 - Friday, May 10
Suggested Theme: Israeli Indepence Day Feast
Celebrate Yom Ha'atzmaut with a falafel and toppings bar!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #3 - Friday, June 14
Suggested Theme: Summer BBQ
Summer is almost here, get the grill ready!
2. You can choose between a general Shabbat Cluster or an interest Shabbat Cluster. Examples of past interest clusters have been arts, outdoors, Singles, and foodies.
3. Your group will be 14-30 people. We recognize that in order for Shabbat Clusters to be successful there needs to be a critical mass of people at each gathering and that not everyone in the group can make it to each dinner. Shabbat Clusters will be assigned a Shabbat Clusters Coordinator who will help you plan who will host each dinner, where and when it will take place, and will answer any questions you have about the program. Shabbat Cluster Coordinators may organize dinners with Sister Shabbat Cluster groups, another cluster group similar to your own.
4. We know this adulting thing can be tough and you don't always have the time or money to prepare for Shabbat. OneTable, a community nonprofit and social
dining platform can help with nourishment and other resources! Nourishment options are meant to nourish you and your guests to help elevate
your Shabbat dinner experience. You will find out more about this option through your Shabbat Cluster Coordinator.
Your Shabbat Cluster will meet through the spring/summer. In September 2019 we'll launch a new session of Shabbat Clusters. Check out the Shabbat Clusters FAQ to get answers to some common questions.
EntryPointDC will host a Kickoff Shabbat Dinner on Friday, March 29 at First Congregational United Church for participants who register for Fall Shabbat
clusters. We are excited to partner with J Squared Foods a NY based catering company founded by young Jews that specialize in Pop-Up Foodie Shabbat dinners. If you want to attend, make
sure you register! The dinner is a great way to meet the other people in your cluster, as well as other young professionals participating in this fun program!
Remember, each person must complete their own registration form. If you would like to be placed with a friend or partner, make sure you both request each other on the form. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
Because we are out of our building this year for renovation we can only accomodate a smaller group of people for our Kick-off dinner, only about half of all Shabbat Cluster program participants.
OUR KICK-OFF DINNER IS SOLD OUT BUT YOU CAN STILL PURCHASE A GENERAL SHABBAT CLUSTSER REGISTRATION ONLY TICKET. YOU WILL BE SENT YOUR SHABBAT CLUSTER GROUP INFO THE FIRST WEEK OF APRIL.
CHOOSE THIS TICKET OPTION:
1) Shabbat Cluster Registration Only