Shabbat Clusters are
groups of 14-25 people in their 20s and 30s who meet monthly for
informal potluck Shabbat dinners in each other’s homes or at local restaurants all over the DC
Metro area. Shabbat Clusters have been going strong for over 10 years and in our last season 225 young professionals registered for the program.
Please fill out the form and register for this session on the next page. We'll match you into groups based on where you live, your age, and level of observance and offer groups for singles and couples.
In 2016 we addeded some new elements to the program:
1. The first 3 months of the program will have set dates for when the groups meet for monthly potlucks and the last 3 months your group will pick their own dates to meet. If you can't make all of the potlucks don't worry, often your group will meet outside of Shabbat for other activities!
Shabbat Cluster Kick-Off Dinner - Friday, September 15 (optional)
An opportunity to meet everyone in your Shabbat Cluster group at the EDCJCC!
The Great Kugel-Off - Tuesday, September 19 (optional)
Team up with your group to make kugel for those in need this Rosh Hashanah or enter our kugel contest and be crowned the Kugel Champ of DC.
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #1 - Friday, October 20
Suggested Theme: Fall Fiesta
A harvest themed dinner to kick off the fall season!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #2 - Friday, November 17
Suggested Theme: Friendsgiving
Thanksgiving-esque side dishes are a must!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #3 - Friday, December 15
Suggested Theme: Ugly Hanukkah Sweater Shabbat
Celebrate the 4th night of Hanukkah with a festive meal - a latke & vodka bar and driedel contest!
2. You can choose between a general Shabbat Cluster or an interest Shabbat Cluster. We are bringing back Singles, outdoors, arts, foodies, 30 somethings, LGBTQ, Interfaith , and Jews By Choice interest Shabbat Clusters. We also still have couples clusters as part of our General Cluster offerings.
3. Your group will be 14-30 people. We recognize that in order for Shabbat Clusters to be successful there needs to be a critical mass of people at each gathering and that not everyone in the group can make it to each dinner. Shabbat Clusters will be assigned a Shabbat Clusters Coordinator who will help you plan who will host each dinner, where and when it will take place, and will answer any questions you have about the program. Shabbat Cluster Coordinators may organize dinners with Sister Shabbat Cluster groups, another cluster group similar to your own.
4. We know this adulting thing can be tough and you don't always have the time or money to prepare for Shabbat. We would love to offer you funding/meal delivery for your Shabbat potlucks through One Table, an online platform that provides funding and assistance for community members to host Shabbat meals.
Your Shabbat Cluster will meet through the summer/fall. In March 2018 we'll launch a new session of Shabbat Clusters. Check out the Shabbat Clusters FAQ to get answers to some common questions.
EntryPointDC will host a Kickoff Shabbat Dinner on September 15 at 7:30pm at
the DCJCC for participants who register for Spring Shabbat
clusters. If you want to attend, make
sure you register! The dinner is a great way to meet the other people in your cluster, as well as other young professionals participating in this fun program!
Remember, each person must complete their own registration form. If you would like to be placed with a friend or partner, make sure you both request each other on the form. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
We always need people to help out at the Kickoff Dinner. Please email Becca if you can help set up, clean up, or check your new friends in at the door!
If the cost of this event is prohibitive, please email Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE ARE TWO TICKET TYPES - CHOOSE ONE ONLY
1) Shabbat Cluster Registration & Kick-Off Dinner (if you can come to the kick-off dinner choose this option)
2) Shabbat Cluster Registration Only (if you can't make the kick-off dinner choose this option)