PARENTING CENTER WORKSHOP
The Bradley Method® Pregnancy and Childbirth Education
12 Tuesdays, November 5-February 11 (no class Nov. 26, Dec. 24, or Dec. 31)
$452 per couple; Discounted Member Price $302 (price includes a $2 service charge)
Led by Christiana Rodriguez
The Bradley Method® teaches mothers to use natural breathing, relaxation, nutrition, exercise, and education throughout their pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Using the Bradley Method® technique, in which a mother and her coach both play an active part, women can deal with the stress of labor by tuning in to their own bodies.
This Bradley class runs twelve weeks long and covers a specific topic each week in addition to ongoing instruction on nutrition, exercise, positive communication, and coaching. Students will also learn a different relaxation technique each week and be assigned weekly physical and relaxation exercises.
Weekly topics include:
- an introduction to the Bradley Method®
- healthy nutrition for pregnancy
- how your body changes during pregnancy
- your coach's role during labor
- how your body works in first and second stages of labor
- how to make a birth plan
- variations/complications during labor and postpartum and how to help avoid and/or minimize them
- advanced coaching techniques for first and second stage labor
- how to be a great labor coach through all kinds of labor
- basic newborn care (or, "Yay, we had a baby! Now, what do we do with it??")
More information is available at http://www.bradleybirth.com
About Christiana Rodriguez:
Christiana began her study of natural childbirth practices in 2011, when she was pregnant with her first child. She took her first Bradley birth class with Susan Gunn at the Potter's House and completed her Bradley training in the fall of 2013. Christiana's style is warm and direct, with a deep respect for the needs of women's bodies and attention to every mother's individual strengths and weaknesses.