GLOE's "It Gets Better" Video
Filming and Menorah drop-off
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Aaron & Cecile Goldman Theater
Join GLOE as we make a video for the It Gets Better Project, which aims to fight against the recent trend of LGBT youth suicides by reaching out to these youths via the Internet. These videos share messages of hope that there is a future for LGBT youth and that there are people out there who care about them.
And we're adding a Jewish voice to the mix. As we approach Chanukah, the Festival of Lights, we want to act as lights to those who are struggling right now. Therefore, we'd love to get as many people involved as possible!
Everyone is welcome to participate in the video, whether it is to share one's own story as a member of the LGBT community, or simply offering a message of support as an ally.
There's another way to participate, too: we need menorahs and candles!
We would appreciate it if you could lend us a spare menorah of any kind, if you have one (or more). We're going to use them in the video to be a light in the darkness... and we need as much light as we can get. You can drop off your menorah and/or candles at the J any time between now and Dec 2. (Please label the bottom of anything you'd like returned with your name and email/phone!)
We are filming on Monday, November 29 and Thursday, December 2. Please sign up for the day and time slot that works best for you.
Thank you for your support of this important project!
1) Personal stories should be around one
minute and thirty seconds long.
2) Please practice your story at home first, so you know what you want to say and that it's approximately within the time limit.
3) You can participate as an individual, a family, a group, or any combination.
4) If you choose, you can simply say, "It gets better," and be done, or you can choose another encouraging message.
5) If you prefer that your image not be seen in the video, or have other concerns, we are happy to accomodate.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-777-3253.
ASL interpretation available upon request.