Take Action. Take Control. Get Screened
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Drop In hours: 4:00-6:30 pm
Edlavitch DCJCC (16th & Q, NW)
Whether you are single, dating, married, or already have a child and are planning to add to your family, genetic screening is important for every member of our community. JScreen, a non-profit dedicated to preventing Jewish genetic diseases, will be “setting up shop” at the EDCJCC on Wednesday, May 17, in an effort to provide as many as possible with an easy and affordable opportunity to get tested.
JScreen’s panel tests for over 200 diseases, is easy, confidential, affordable (just $36 with insurance!!), takes 10 minutes, and is done via saliva sample. Follow-up genetic counseling will be provided by phone when your results are ready.
Drop by the EDCJCC anytime between 4:00 and 6:30 pm on the day to get tested. Walk-ins are welcome (be sure to bring your insurance card!) but pre-registration is encouraged.
1) Follow the link below to pre-register through the EDCJCC (not required, but helpful)
2) Then visit JScreen.org and click “request a kit”
3) Select DCJCC from the ‘how did you hear about JScreen’ dropdown
4) Fill out the registration form
5) WHEN CHECKING OUT: list "DC JCC" as the coupon code and then click "apply."
6) Pick up your saliva screening kit between 4:00-6:30 pm on Wednesday, May 17, at the EDCJCC
*Do not eat, drink, or smoke for 30 minutes prior to the saliva screening.