WASHINGTON JEWISH LITERARY FESTIVAL
LOCAL AUTHORS FAIR: UNEXPECTED JOURNEYS
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 7:30 PM-9:30 PM
Join us for a moderated discussion celebrating the diverse and vital community of writers living and working in the greater Washington, DC area as well as a reflection upon this year’s festival theme, “Unexpected Journeys.”
We’ll present a curated selection of fiction and non-fiction, and our eight writers will reflect upon the festival theme “Unexpected Journeys”. Audience members will have a chance to ask questions to individual writers as well as hear from the group collectively.
FEATURED LOCAL AUTHORS INCLUDE:
Moderator Leslie Maitland (author, Crossing the Borders of Time)
• Robert H. Gillette, Escape to Virginia: From Nazi Germany to Thalhimer’s Farm
• Carolivia Herron, Peacesong DC
• Peter Lovenheim, In the Neighborhood: The Search for Community on an American Street, One Sleepover at a Time
• Elizabeth Poliner, As Close to Us as Breathing
• Jennifer Robins, The New Yiddish Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Paleo Kosher Recipes for the Holidays and Every Day
• Marlene Trestman, Fair Labor Lawyer: The Remarkable Life of Bessie Margolin
• Benjamin Shalva, Ambition Addiction: How to Go Slow, Give Thanks and Discover Joy Within
• Paula Shoyer, The New Passover Menu
Please RSVP below to reserve your seat.