How much could you accomplish if you did just one thing each day to make the world nicer, better, healthier? Whether you’re using paint brushes and power tools or pots and pans, you can help make DC just a little bit better.
Join us for 5 days of volunteer projects and a bit of service-learning.
* Be a part of tikkun olam (repairing the world) by working with other teens to do something
everyday to help those who are truly in need
* Renovate homes, paint community centers and homeless shelters
* Prepare food for the hungry and communicate directly with shelter residents
* Plant gardens and clean up rivers or parks
* Earn 30 hours of community service credit
Past Camp Yad projects have included: preparing meals for the homeless, selling Street Sense newspaper, painting and cleaning the home of a low-income family, visiting with homebound seniors, art projects with people with disabilities, building or tending to local gardens/farms...
Details about our daily projects will come to you as June 11 gets closer. You bring your lunch and a drink, wear comfortable clothing (that might get messy) and we'll provide the projects and supplies.
Please contact Erica Steen if you have any questions about this week of service.