JSCREEN POP-UP: Take Action. Take Control. Get Screened
Take Action. Take Control. Get Screened
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Drop In hours: 4:00-6:15 pm
DCJCC (16th & Q, NW)
Whether you are single, dating, married, or already have a child and are planning to add to your family, genetic screening is important for every member of our community. JScreen, a non-profit dedicated to preventing Jewish genetic diseases, will be “setting up shop” at the DCJCC on Wednesday, May 18, in an effort to provide as many as possible with an easy and affordable opportunity to get tested.
JScreen’s panel tests for over 100 diseases, is easy, confidential, affordable (just $99 with insurance!), takes 10 minutes, and is done via saliva sample. Follow-up genetic counseling will be provided by phone when your results are ready.
Drop by the DCJCC anytime between 4:00 and 6:15 pm on the day to get tested. Walk-ins are welcome (be sure to bring your insurance card!) but pre-registration is encouraged.
1) Follow the link below to pre-register through the DCJCC
2) Then visit JScreen.org and click “request a kit”
3) Select DCJCC from the ‘how did you hear about JScreen’ dropdown
4) Enter your insurance information on step 2
5) Pick up your saliva screening kit between 4:00-6:30 pm on Wednesday, May 18, at the DCJCC
*Do not eat, drink, or smoke for 30 minutes prior to the saliva screening.