Are you ready to meet some new people and expand your Jewish horizons?
Shabbat Clusters are
groups of 14-25 people in their 20s and 30s who meet monthly for
informal potluck Shabbat dinners in each other’s homes or at local restaurants all over the DC
Metro area. Shabbat Clusters have been going strong for over 10 years in our last season 285 young professionals registered for the program.
Please fill out the form and register for this session on the next page. We'll match you into groups based on where you live, your age, and level of observance and offer groups for singles and couples.
This season we are introducing four new components to the program:
1. The first 3 months of the program will have set dates for when the groups meet for monthly potlucks and the last 3 months your group will pick their own dates to meet. If you can't make all of the potlucks don't worry, often your group will meet outside of Shabbat for other activities!
Shabbat Cluster Kick-Off Dinner - Friday, March 31 (optional)
An opportunity to meet everyone in your Shabbat Cluster group at the EDCJCC!
Afikomen Scavenger Hunt- Sunday, April 9 (optional)
Team up with your group for a fun Pre-Passover scavenger hunt in the city before your first dinner!
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #1 - Friday, April 21
Passover has just ended - maybe your group wants to meet for a Bread & Brews dinner with pizza and your favorite lagers or pilsners?
Shabbat Cluster Dinner #2 - Friday, May 19
Spring is here! Kick-off the start of bbq season with your cluster or gather for a picnic outside in one of DC's awesome parks.
Shabbat Cluster Lunch #3 - Saturday, June 17
Brunch Bunch? Mimosas and mitzvahs? Lunch by the pool? Summer afternoon posibilities for clusters are endless!
2. You can choose between a general Shabbat Cluster or an interest Shabbat Cluster. We are bringing back Singles, outdoors, arts, foodies, 30 somethings, LGBTQ, Interfaith , and Jews By Choice interest Shabbat Clusters. We also still have couples clusters as part of our General Cluster offerings.
3. Your group may be larger this season! We recognize that in order for Shabbat Clusters to be successful there needs to be a critical mass of people at each gathering and that not everyone in the group can make it to each dinner. Shabbat Clusters will be assigned a Shabbat Clusters Coordinator who will help you plan who will host each dinner, where and when it will take place, and will answer any questions you have about the program. Shabbat Cluster Coordinators may organize dinners with Sister Shabbat Cluster groups, another cluster group similar to your own.
4. We know this adulting thing can be tough and you don't always have the time or money to prepare for Shabbat. We would love to offer you funding/meal delivery for your Shabbat potlucks through One Table, an online platform that provides funding and assistance for community members to host Shabbat meals.
Your Shabbat Cluster will meet through the spring/summer. In September 2017 we'll launch a new session of Shabbat Clusters. Check out the Shabbat Clusters FAQ to get answers to some common questions.
EntryPointDC will host a Kickoff Shabbat Dinner on March 31 at 7:30pm at
the DCJCC for participants who register for Spring Shabbat
clusters. If you want to attend, make
sure you register! The dinner is a great way to meet the other people in your cluster, as well as other young professionals participating in this fun program!
Remember, each person must complete their own registration form. If you would like to be placed with a friend or partner, make sure you both request each other on the form. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
We always need people to help out at the Kickoff Dinner. Please email Becca if you can help set up, clean up, or check your new friends in at the door!
If the cost of this event is prohibitive, please email Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE ARE TWO TICKET TYPES - CHOOSE ONE ONLY
1) Shabbat Cluster Registration & Kick-Off Dinner (if you can come to the kick-off dinner choose this option)
2) Shabbat Cluster Registration Only (if you can't make the kick-off dinner choose this option)
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED but additional registrations are accepted on a rolling basis based on space availability in groups. Please email Stacy at email@example.com to find out about joining a group.